Thursday, March 31, 2005

Grace Interceded

Goodmorning,

Now that the weather has warmed up, I have started a daily regimend of walking every morning before I go to work. It was a glorious morning. After living here for four years I have finally discovered the way to distinguish whether it will be a day to layer my clothing or step out for spring, even before I leave the nest of my bed. Would you like to know? It's for the birds. Now that I get up at a reasonable hour, with the sun and not before, I listen for song of the birds. If it is going to be a cold day, they do not chirp. If it is going to be a glorious day, such as today, they do chirp. I used to cringe at the sound, but I have learned to appreciate it because of the hope it brings, knowing how beautiful it will be.
Yesterday as I walked down the sidewalk, I observed the trees bending overhead. They were dull with old berries dropping to the ground, smearing as I trampled over them. Today as I walked beneath these same trees, I notice sprigs of fine green leaves peeking out to watch as the sun rose. For me, today was the first day of spring.
I love the fact that I can admire the changing seasons. In Florida, there is only one kind of tree, the palm, and one kind of weather, hold and humid. Mind you enjoy an occassional sunny day but I really do enjoy a variety. That really goes for everything in my life. Variety... especially lately. Recently I have graduated with my Master's degree, I have acquired a wonderfully fulfilling ministry position, I love working with the youth at my church, but there is still a feeling of ...something missing. I know for one I'd like to be sining more often then I do. That is a passion that needs reviving and secondly my social life...stinks. With graduation comes separation of friendships. Not the friendship it self, but the companionship one has with friends. Many of them have married, their jobs have taken them to far off places... it get a little lonely sometimes. Variety...that is something I really need. Variety of afterwork activities. But what should I do? I not one to go clubbing or dancing. I love watcing and listening to live music. Reading I haven't done some good reading in a long time, well nothing that wasn't required. I know this sounds like whinning, but at the same time it is helping me to see myself. If anything is going to come from this chat with myself, then it is up to me.

Here is a little something I'd like to share. Maybe I'll put it to music someday.

Gazing up from the depths of a well
The moons dim light replacing the sun
Time lost since last I turned to You
Trembling, hopeless, grasping at cobwebs
Freedom seemed fleeting
Breathe stolen from my desperate cry
But You heard my souls plea
Above the howling tempest
My unspoken request pride would not allow
With one word (Jesus) pride turned humble
My escape came swift, Grace did intercede.
Enjoy the day!

3 comments:

Lorie said...

I thought I had posted this list on my blog (lorieking.blogspot.com), but I came up with some options for the evenings of our TV-free month:

Things I/We'll Do Instead of Watch TV:
- cook
- clean
- organize all the crap in the basement
- plant a garden
- take a walk
- get together with friends
- play games
- write songs
- read
- do crafty things
- volunteer

Bobby said...

Christa: great blog. I like reading your insights. I'll add a link to yours from mine in a little bit.

Keep writing!

Tom said...

YEah I agree, vareity is a very good thing to have. I do tend to like things to be the same in gernal, but every now and then get a lil change or variety, makes life so much more interesting.